Aerox Aviation Oxygen Systems and Aerox Fluid Power, based in Bonita Springs, FL and Hudson, OH, is a leading manufacturer of lifesaving aircraft oxygen systems and accessories for general aviation, military, and space applications. We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our mechanical engineering team. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for support and improvement of our manufacturing operations across product lines. Key responsibilities include execution and evaluation of designs from a manufacturing perspective, management and oversight of our Solidworks Product Data Management System, developing and implementing manufacturing process improvements, management of BOMs and work instructions in our MRP system, working with assembly technicians to ensure a quality product, supporting design engineering in the analysis, development, testing and control of major aerospace oxygen engineering projects where a substantial amount of initiative and creativity are involved. Embraces and executes the Company Core Values. Actively supports the Company’s vision and goals.
This is a multi-faceted job that will allow the successful candidate to work with our manufacturing team on the shop floor, as well as to be an integral part of company initiatives, including new product development, acquisition integration, and other company projects.
Lives our Core Values of Personal Integrity, We are All on the Journey Together, and Relentless Customer Service.
- Performs the detailed design and development of oxygen system components including regulators, valves, masks, and other aerospace oxygen components
- Develops technical solutions and manages component quality, mass, cost, and timing to meet program milestones. Broad scope of responsibilities includes oxygen components and systems.
- Responsible for working cohesively with a group of engineers responsible for similar products on other applications, actively engaging in team issue resolution.
- Capable of managing very broad or numerous projects with high degree of difficulty.
- Exercises independent judgment, with minimal input from supervisor.
- Identify and manages development activities as appropriate.
- Design, analysis, release, and test of parts and/or subsystems for production.
- Provides feedback to management (i.e. progress to timing, evaluation of test results).
- Releases component designs on-time with excellence.
- Manages change control for design responsible components.
- Demonstrates that designs meet requirements through analysis, development and validation processes.
- Analyzes design through design failure modes effects analysis (DFMEA), Oxygen Hazard Analysis (OHA)
- Occasional travel (<10%).
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday in-office
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related program and a minimum of 3 years of work experience in aerospace manufacturing.
CAD experience using Solidworks, Catia, or equivalent tools.
- Thorough knowledge of design, development and test engineering, manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Experience in manufacturing operation, MRP systems, BOMs, work instructions
- Thorough knowledge of gas regulator and valve design fundamentals
- Familiarity with Aerospace Oxygen design specifications and requirements (MIL, ARP, AS, AIR, CGA, etc) and FAA and EASA regulations regarding oxygen system design.
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments as well as identify and remove roadblocks.
- High level of understanding of robust engineering tools/methods, i.e. DFMEA, DVP&R
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills where problems are very unusual and challenging.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated with a strong sense of personal ownership and a team attitude.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with and motivate others.
- Ability to work independently while prioritizing and supporting multiple tasks in a high paced and exciting environment.
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Private Pilot Certification (Preferred)
- Experience with MRP Systems
- Technology Savvy
- Urgency and ownership of solutions
- Comfortable speaking with customers on phone
- Strong written communications skills
- Ability to learn technical subjects
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Interest in Aviation is a strong plus
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
About The Aerox Group
The Aerox Group is comprised of two companies, Aerox Aviation Oxygen Systems (AAOS) and Aerox Fluid Power (AFP). Our passion is American Aerospace Manufacturing and our specialty is Oxygen Systems engineered for the Aerospace Industry. We provide a complete line of oxygen products to the aerospace industry including TSO certified Oxygen Masks, Cylinder/Regulator Assemblies, Walk-Around Portable systems, PMA Oxygen Cylinders, MIL-SPEC connectors, CRU-60 connectors, On-Off Switches, Bail-out Systems, and repair and overhaul through our FAA Repair Station.